For information on how to make changes to your system in Alarm.com, click here to see our Alarm.com FAQ page.
My Keypad is Beeping
Your system has a trouble condition. Acknowledge the trouble and read what your system indicates on the keypad.
- Concord: Press star/status. It will display trouble condition.
- Simon: Press status. It will display / tell you trouble condition.
- Vista: If “CHECK” is displayed, press any key. It will display trouble condition.
My system is showing “LOW BATTERY”
- If you have had AC Power continuously and your panel indicates a low battery or low panel battery, then the battery needs to be replaced.
- If you have recently lost power and do not currently have AC Power, your system is running off of the battery exclusively. Over time, the battery will drain and your panel may indicate a low battery.
- If your AC Power has recently been restored, your battery will begin recharging. It will usually take 24 hours or more to fully recharge. If the battery is still low after that time, it may need to be replaced.
- The service department is open M-F to assist and sell additional batteries. Battery stores also sell security panel batteries.
How do I reset the time and date?
- For access to your user manual, see: www.cpss.net > About > FAQ
- Instructions to reset time/date are included.
How do I test my system?
- Call the 24-hour central monitoring center at 1-800-336-4825 and let them know you will be testing your system. Be prepared to provide them with your name, service address and password. (Your password is the secret word you provided on your original paperwork, that allows the monitoring center to identify you as the account holder.)
- Close all doors and protected windows, arm your system and allow the delay time to expire.
- Activate your alarm like an actual emergency by opening a protected door, pressing your panic or hold-up buttons, etc.
- Allow your sirens (if an audible alarm) to sound for approximately one minute and then turn off your system.
- Call the monitoring center and announce that you are calling to check test results. The central station operator will describe the signals received.
- Ask the operator to take the system off test.